These are my last few tips for wildlife photography, and how you be capturing the moment.
11. Lighting – try to get it right which is not always possible with wildlife. Try and get the catch light in the eye to give life and use Auto ISO when the light is fading leaving you free to concentrate on the action.
12. High shutter speed – for any action photo use 1250 and above.
13. Ensure it’s sharp – if shooting from a vehicle you can’t go too far wrong with a beanbag or 3!
14. Make people smile – look for animals doing something different.
15. Take what you see not what you want to see – a beautiful image of a butterfly is far better than one of an empty plain sadly missing a cheetah!
16. Patterns, textures and shapes – look for something different – can you see the lions in this image?
17. Practice – pets and garden birds help hone your techniques.
I hope you have enjoyed these tips about capturing the moment, and please get out there and use them! I would love to see the pictures that you take, so please contact us.